Provisioning a Yealink DECT W52P
This guide has been tested for the following phone models with the latest firmware versions supported by 3CX Phone System 11 & 12.
The easiest way to set up a Yealink phone for use with 3CX Phone System is to use the built-in Plug and Play provisioning functionality inside the 3CX Phone System. This will allow the phone to configure itself by retrieving a 3CX-generated phone configuration file. Alternatively you can configure the phone using DHCP and option 66.
Step 1: Verify the Firmware Installed on Your Base Station and Register the Handset(s)
Verify the firmware version currently installed on the Base Station. To do this:
1. Power up the Base Station and go into the Web interface by typing in a web browser the Base’s IP Address (to find the Base’s IP Address tap the button on the top of the base and on the Handset screen you will receive a paging with the IP address).
2. Log into the web interface using the your Username and Password (defaults are “admin” and “admin”)
3. Go to Menu->Status->Firmware and check if you have the latest firmware version
4. To verify the firmware version of the Handset press the “OK” button->Info->System Status-> Scroll down the menu to More->Handset and from there you can see the software and hardware versions installed on the handset.
5. Go to the Yealink Support Website and download the latest firmware for your phone.
Upgrading W52P handsets
After you have successfully upgraded the W52P Base, we now need to update each individual handset. To do this, follow the instructions below:
1. Download the upgrade tool from here. Note that the tool only works on Windows 7. Extract the zip file and inside you will find a file named W52P-Flasher.exe.
2. Download latest supported firmware here
3. Open the battery cover from back of handset and plugin the handset to your computer.
4. Switch the handset on
5. Run W52P-Flasher.exe and click on “Scan Device”.
6. After that is complete click on “Browse” and provide the location of the firmware ROM file.
7. Click “Upgrade”
Step 2: Plug the Base Station into the Network
Plug your Yealink DECT Base Station into your LAN (The Base Station must be on the same LAN as that of the 3CX Phone System IP PBX).
If you already have configured the Base Station before with other settings, please perform a factory reset on it. This will make sure that after the provisioning procedure the new configuration will be correct and there will be no leftovers from previous settings.
Step 3: Approve the Base Station and Assign an Extension
Now you need to approve the Base Station registration and assign an extension. To do this:
1. Log in the 3CX Management Console and go to the “Phones” node
2. The phone you just plugged in will appear at the top of the list in bold.
3. Now right click on the Yealink DECT phone and select from 2 available options:
- “Add Extension” – this will create and assign a new extension to your Yealink Dect phone.
- “Assign to Existing Extension” – this will assign an existing extension to the phone.
4. Select an option and click “OK”.
5. You will be taken to the “Edit Extension” settings page. If you are adding a new extension fill in the appropriate details or if you are assigning to an existing extension make sure that all the fields are correct.
6. Click “OK” once you are done. 3CX Phone System will send a provisioning link to the phone. The phone will reboot and apply the configuration.
According to the way the Yealink W52P functions to be able to access your voice mail through the Yealink DECT W52P phone you need to:
1. Click on the “OK” button on the Handset to access the menu.
2. Select the “Voice Mail” option from the menu and press “OK”
3. Choose the “Set Voice Mail” option, you will see the voicemail number appear and that the “Status” is set to “disabled”.
4. Press the left or right buttons to change the “Status” to “enabled” and press “OK” to save the configuration.