Provisioning the Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T41G, T46G IP Phones for 3CX
This guide shows you how to provision the Yealink T32G, T38G, T41G, T42G, T46G series of IP phone for use with 3CX Phone System and has been tested with the latest firmware versions supported by 3CX Phone System 11 & 12
The easiest way to set up the Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T46G phones for use with 3CX Phone System for Windows is by taking advantage of the built-in plug and play provisioning features 3CX Phone System provides. This will allow your Yealink phone to automatically configure itself by retrieving a 3CX-generated phone configuration file. Alternatively you can configure your Yealink IP phone using DHCP and option 66.
Step 1: Verify the Firmware on Your Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T46G IP Phone
As discussed at the top of this article, we’ve tested this Yealink G series of IP phones with the 126.96.36.199 firmware. Please check to see which firmware is installed on your Yealink phones as older firmware won’t allow the plug and play feature to work. You can see which firmware is installed on your phone by powering it up, selecting the Menu, then Status, then Firmware. 3CX Phone System 12 users that have 3CX Maintenance Agreement can update their Yealink firmware directly in 3CX Phone System 12 by logging into the 3CX Management Console. To do this, visit the Phones node and select your Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T46G and click on the Upgrade Firmware button
Step 2: Plug Your Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T46G IP Phone into the Network
Plug your Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T46G phone into your LAN and turn it on, unless you’re using PoE (Power over Ethernet), which these Yealink G series IP phones support. Make sure you’ve plugged your phone into the same LAN as the machine that has 3CX installed on it (3CX Phone System must run on port 5060).
Step 3: Approve Your Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T46G and Assign an Extension
Now you’ll need to approve Yealink’s registration and assign an extension. It’s really easy to do. Simply follow the 8 steps:
1. Log in to your 3CX Management Console
2. Select the Phones node from the list on your left
3. The Yealink G series phone you’ve just plugged in will appear at the top of the list in bold
4. Now right click on the Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T46G. You’re now given the following two options:
- “Add Extension” – this will create a new extension for your Yealink IP phone and will assign the new extension to it
- “Assign to Existing Extension” – this assigns an existing extension to your Yealink phone
5. Now assign or create an extension and click OK
6. You’ll now be taken to the Edit Extension settings page
7. Optionally configure BLF function keys or speed dials by selecting the “Phone Provisioning” tab. For information about configuring the BLF keys, see Step 4 below.
8. After your configure your settings click “OK”. 3CX Phone System will send a provisioning link to the phone. The phone will reboot, apply the configuration and will be ready for use after that.
Step 4: Optional – Configure BLF Function Keys on Your Yealink G Series IP Phone
If you want to configure the BLF function keys available on the Yealink T38G, T42G and T46G, check out the following steps:
1. While in the Edit Extension page, navigate to the Phone Provisioning tab
2. Select codec priority and phone LCD display language
3. Select and configure BLF function keys, shared parking and various types of speed dials
4. Click OK.
5. Your Yealink T38G, T42G, T46G will reboot and provision itself automatically