Provisioning the Yealink T19P, T20P, T21P, T22P, T26P, T28P, T41P for 3CX
This guide shows you how to provision the Yealink T19P, T20P, T21P, T22P, T26P, T28P, T41P series of IP phone for use with 3CX Phone System and has been tested with the latest firmware versions supported by 3CX Phone System 11 & 12.
Please note that the Yealink T20P can’t integrate with the 3CX Phone Book functionality.
The easiest way to set up the Yealink T19P, T20P, T21P, T22P, T26P, T28P, T41P IP phones for use with 3CX Phone System is to use the built-in plug and play provisioning functionality inside 3CX Phone System. This will allow the Yealink phone to automatically configure itself by retrieving a 3CX-generated phone configuration file. Alternatively you can configure your Yealink phone using the DHCP and option 66
Step 1: Verify the Firmware on Your Yealink T19P, T20P, T21P, T22P, T26P, T28P, T41P
You’ll need to verify the firmware version that’s installed on your Yealink phone as older firmwares will not have the plug and play feature. It’s easy to check which firmware your Yealink P Series has installed. Simply turn on the phone and click on the Menu, then the Status and then click on Firmware.
Step 2: Plug Your Yealink IP Phone into the Network
Plug your phone into your LAN. In order for the provisioning to work, you’ll need to ensure that your Yealink IP phone(s) are on the same LAN as 3CX Phone System.
Step 3: Approve Your Yealink P Series Phone and Assign an Extension
Now you’ll need to approve Yealink’s registration and assign an extension. It’s really easy to do. Simply follow the 6 steps below:
1. Log into the 3CX Management Console and go to the Phones’ node
2. Your Yealink IP phone will appear at the top of the list in bold, as long as you’ve plugged it into the same LAN where 3CX Phone System is sitting comfortably on
3. Right click on your Yealink P series phone. You’re given the following two options:
- “Add Extension” – this will create a new extension
- “Assign to Existing Extension” – this will assign an existing extension
4. Now assign or create an extension and click OK
5. You’ll be taken to the “Edit Extension” settings page
6. Click OK and your done
3CX Phone System will send a provisioning link to your Yealink P Series phone. Once the link has been sent, you’ll notice that your phone will reboot and apply the configuration. Once your phone has restarted itself, you’re ready to rock and roll away with your Yealink IP phone!